High Definition Roofing Shingles
“Superior Value For A Distinctive
Wood Shake Look”
- POPULAR CHOICE...
Perfect for those who want to upgrade from standard
- SUPERIOR APPEARANCE...
15% thicker than standard architectural shingles 1,
Timberline® Prestique® 40 shingles feature GAF-Elk’s
patented “High Definition” color blends and enhanced
Class A fire listing from Underwriters Laboratories, the
highest rating possible.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE...
Heavyweight design and extra-strong Micro Weave® core
make it a popular choice in the Timberline® series— the
most popular architectural shingles in North America!
- STAYS IN PLACE...
Dura Grip® adhesive seals each shingle tightly and
reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted
to withstand winds up to 90 mph! 2
- PEACE OF MIND...
40-year ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice®
Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor
coverage) for the first five years. 3
- PERFECT FINISHING TOUCH...
Use premium Timbertex® ridge cap shingles (in the West,
use premium Ridglass® ridge cap shingles).
- MORE REFERRALS...
People will know that you’re installing North
#1-selling laminated shingles!
- LESS CHANCE OF CALL-BACKS...
Durable, wind resistant shingle offers superior
(90 mph) ltd. wind warranty! 2
1 Comparison refers to Timberline® Prestique®
2 Only with special installation; see ltd.
wind warranty for details
3 See ltd. warranty for complete coverage
The Many Layers of a Timberline
Diamond Cut™ Granules...
Multi-faceted design and light-reflective construction add
dimension and depth to the shingle
UV Blocker (Granules)...
Protects against damaging sunlight which improves the
durability and extends the life of the shingle
Color Lock™ Ceramic Firing
Maintains the true color of the shingle longer
Dura Grip® Adhesive...
Locks the shingles in place on the roof, gripping tight in
even strong gale force winds
SpecSelect Grading System
Use of finest quality asphalt improves weathering in harsh
Micro Weave® Core...
Offers a superior strength foundation that resists
cracking and splitting
FiberTech® Components (Core)...
Incorporates fibers that are non-combustible, providing a
UL Class A fire rating
- Fiberglass asphalt shingle
- Heavyweight design
- 40-year ltd. transferable warranty
- Smart Choice® protection for the first 5 years
- 90 mph ltd. wind warranty†
- Listed Class A Fire – UL 790
- Passes UL 997, modified to 110 mph
- Passes ASTM D7158, Class H
- StainGuard® Algae Discoloration ltd. warranty
(available in all areas except Western Region)
- CSA A123.5-98
- ASTM D3018 Type 1
- ASTM D3161 Type 1, Class F*
- ASTM D3462**
- Dade County approved*
- Florida Building Code approved
- Texas Department of Insurance*
- ICC Report Approval***
- ENERGY STAR® rated (certain colors only)
- Cool Color Series is rated by the Cool Roof Rating
- Approximately 64 Pieces/Square (Metric)
- Approximately 78 Pieces/Square (English)
- Approximately 4 Bundles/Square
- Approximately 256 Nails/Square (Metric)
- Approximately 312 Nails/Square (English)
- 5 5/8" exposure (Metric)
- 5" exposure (English)
†Requires special installation; see limited warranty
*Applies to most plants.
**Product is manufactured to meet or exceed ASTM D3462;
values from subsequent testing will vary depending on
***Pending ICC approval.